Just a quick note to let people know of the upcoming release of SilverSpider Play List 1.2. Changes include:
- User-specified album covers: SSPL will check to see if the current album name/artist name combination is listed in the Various Artists file, and if it is, it will use the images that are specified. Images (small, medium, large are all defined) are specified as URLS from any Web site, so you can use Images from Amazon, or post your own.
- Keep the play list file to a reasonable size (hat tip to Sean for helping with the solution)
- New config setting: $PlayListLength to define how many songs should be stored in the play list file
- Moved the list of Various Artists from config file to separate the file
- No longer needs closing comma, nor does it require escaping of special characters
- Updated the in-line comments
- Changed the format of the various artists file, allowing user to specify the artist override name. While most albums in the list will use ‘Various Artists’, the user could have one album use ‘Various Artists – Country’, and another album could use ‘Jazz Masters (Series)’
- Added basic international Amazon query support, so users can choose to query the international Amazon sites instead of just the US .com site. This is still in a testing mode, and will be a beta feature within 1.2. Future versions should bring it up to speed. At this point, only one site will be queried, so SSPL will not check international domains if it cannot find an album on Amazon.com. Sorry.
- us (default)
- fr (testing)
I hope to have this released within a week.