An amazing group of people getting together to give a little of themselves. It’s a simple as that.
A lot may be made of the social media aspects of this event (organized and advertised via Twitter, by people who may know each other online far before they met in person), the important thing to remember is that the technology served to help good people do a good thing.
My vein will be tapped at 11:45 tomorrow alongside friends old and new. I hope you can spare some time and a pint of blood to help save a life. If so, please sign up and join us.
Here’s How to Sign up for the Austin Twitter Blood Drive
- Register or log into the Blood Center of Central Texas’s web site.
- Choose the location at 4300 North Lamar.
- Be sure to pick a time slot from 10 am-4 pm on Thursday, July 3rd.
- Show up at the appropriate time.
- Give blood. Eat a piece of the sammichometer. Give thanks that you are healthy and can offer health to someone else who needs it.
UPDATE: Here are a few photos from the event that I uploaded to Flickr. I expect that Michelle will post many more soon: