Thanks to Rick and Emre for the excellent suggestions which prompted these improvements to the Ma.gnolia WordPress plugin:
- Added the ability to pull bookmarks from group collections as well as those of individual people. Tags can be used with either, so you can pull bookmarks from the Web Design group that have been tagged with ‘css’.
- Added ability to pull the Full feed from Ma.gnolia, which includes:
- Thumbnails of each bookmark
- The tags applied to each bookmark
Please note, this is all or nothing, so you cannot just pull the image, or the image and description without the tags. Sorry, but that’s how it’s coming through and I spent too much time trying to find a way around it with a couple of different RSS parsers.
- Changed the variable $username to $collection to fit the new model of pulling from groups or individuals. This shouldn’t impact your site as it is more of a clean-up task.
- Added configuration option to enable/disable the link to view more Ma.gnolia bookmarks
- Added the plugin to wp-plugins.net/ to ease updates for folks using Update Manager to track plugin updates (like me).
Please check out the official page to download the latest version and the new examples page to learn more about the plugin.
Note: for Users of 1.3: You should be able to drop this upgrade in place without changing any of your code. Please let me know if you notice any issues with your existing setup.